[CQ-Contest] ICE 186 Receive Antenna Switch?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ICE 186 Receive Antenna Switch?
From: djl@andlev.com (Dan Levin)
Date: Sun Jan 13 23:00:36 2002
Well, I'm ready to make the jump to beverages for the low bands.
Unfortunately, my TS-850's don't have a receive antenna connector.  I'm
aware of the various mods to allow the 850 to be used with a separate
receive antenna, but I'm curious about the ICE 186A receive antenna switch.
Does anyone have any experience with the 186A or other outboard receive
antenna switches?   Do they work, or should I just mod the radios?

Thanks!

            ***dan, K6IF