[CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Fri Feb 8 10:38:51 2002

NA Sprints have been around a long time but not on the second weekend of
February.  It is only since NCJ unilaterally moved Sprint "on top of"
CQ WPX RTTY that the issue surfaced.  For an ARRL publication to make
a change of this kind without consulting, is akin to DARC, JARL, IARL,
or RSGB sponsoring a SSTV contest on the first weekend of March.

>  Personally, I don't think there will be a big problem as long as the
> RTTY contesters just stay above 7050 for the few hours that the Sprint
> will be going on...

Of course you want the RTTY operators to stay out of the area that is
extremely "point rich" during prime operating/propagation time.

It is this "screw everyone else" attitude by North American contesters
in particular that generates the hatred of contesters and contests by
the rest of the amateur population.  When Contesters need support (like
the fight to keep contest results in QST), who do you think will come to
their aid?