[CQ-Contest] RTTY sigs down around 7035...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY sigs down around 7035...
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Mon Feb 11 10:57:47 2002
--- Chuck K3FT <discreetly_confidential@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, let's activate some preemptive type actions. When you
> ar on theair in a contest and hear some RTTY guys going
> lower than the band plan talks about Or hear some CW guys
> in the band plan segment for RTTY, why not note the call,
> get the address from QRZ or another source, and mail them
> acopy of the band plan with a nice note.

Remember, it's a two-way street.  I would expect that many USA stations will
get E-mail from Europe when we chose to listen for them on 40 meter SSB below
7.040.  But would we be so brazen to do the same thing when they are CQing down
there?

Plain and simple, 40 meters needs to be fixed.  One world-wide exclusive
allocation with sensible, consistent band plans for everyone in the world to
follow.  Then, the contest sponsors can make some informed scheduling
decisions.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com