[CQ-Contest] I watch with interest, but with great sadness

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I watch with interest, but with great sadness
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Wed Feb 13 17:55:59 2002
It is interesting to note that when you go to the ARRL site and look at
"headquarters staff" under "contact information," there are at least 6 or 8
people that have "DXCC" something (clerk, assistant, manager, blah blah) in
their title.

Apparently, there is more to DXCC than a simple rubber stamp with $0.38
certificates, a $0.27 envelope, and $0.98 postage...

I know little about ARRL finances, only what they choose to tell us.
However, I doubt any of them works for under $175/day (fully loaded).  Times
6, that figures out to about 135 $10 "stamps" per day, every day.  I'm sure
the program costs the ARRL plenty, over-and-above the $10.

Reality bites doesn't it?

FYI

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com