[CQ-Contest] Power Entry

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Power Entry
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Tue Feb 19 00:28:15 2002
>  since the program you use to send the
> exchange automagically translates 599 1000 (in your log) to 5NN KW
> when transmitting

I have to tell my software what to use.

> Maybe anyone using cut numbers should be automatically
> disquallified?

Then we all should.

Cut numbers are a variation on a representation scheme for numbers.

Dah-di-di-di-dit is a variation on a representation scheme for the number 6.

The rules don't say that the numbers must be sent as Di-dah-dah-dah-dah for
1, di-di-dah-dah-dah for 2, etc.

If you send me something you recognize as representing your power level and
I log it as something that I recognize as what you told me as being your
power level and both are the same, then we have met the criteria of rule
4.2.

If, on phone, the color brown became recognized as representing the number
1, red the number 2, orange the number 3, etc., then that would, in all
likelihood be acceptable.

As long as the receiving operator translates it correctly and logs it as the
same numbers the transmitting operator logged as having sent.

my 2 cents.

73,
dale, kg5u