[CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Feb 19 16:05:41 2002
My personal preference, as a consumer of QSOs with big and little guns
alike, is the following:

When the running station doesn't get my call right, I send:

"N4ZR (slightly longer pause) 599WV"

or if I'm not confident in the strength of my signal, I send:

"N4ZR N4ZR (pause) 599WV"

If I send my callsign after the TU, I have found there's a chance he won't
regard my sending it again as a correction.

When I'm running, I much prefer this to "N4ZR (wait for acknowledgement and
correction before proceeding)".  The only time I'll use this technique
myself is if I know for sure that the running station is sloppy about
acknowledging call corrections, or I'm really uneasy about his ability to
copy me.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower