[CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged
From: sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu (Scott Ellington)
Date: Tue Feb 19 17:02:56 2002
At 4:05 PM -0500 2/19/02, Pete Smith wrote:
>My personal preference, as a consumer of QSOs with big and little guns
>alike, is the following:
>
>When the running station doesn't get my call right, I send:
>
>"N4ZR (slightly longer pause) 599WV"

I've found that 90% of the time when I do that,  the other guy fails
to repeat my call, so I don't know whether he got it or not.  With
the X4 penalty, it usually makes sense to delete those.    (My UBN
reports confirm the results when I don't delete them!)  So, while it
takes slightly more time to withold the exchange, I don't know any
other way to be sure of getting the confirmation.  Any other ideas?

73,

Scott  K9MA
--
Scott Ellington