[CQ-Contest] TO4T & country file

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TO4T & country file
From: ab0mv@ix.netcom.com (Merrimon Crawford Pladsen)
Date: Sun Mar 3 21:24:57 2002
I fixed it for TR log but my question is more basic.

How would a casual contestor  (who may use contest/logging software) know
that TO4T is FG not FM or something else if it's not in the latest country
file and not separated in the DXCC booklet listing international call sign
allocations?  Would TO4T really need to announce his location after every
QSO or so?!?  I am on several email lists but several new contestors are
likely not to be.  This is not just a rhetorical question---we have some
new contestors in the area.

73
Merri AB0MV