[CQ-Contest] Another quick UPS question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Another quick UPS question
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Sun Mar 10 11:20:10 2002
The gell cell batteries for APC UPS are available from APC
or, more conveniently, places like Batteries Plus, Interstate
Batteries, etc.  A web search will find dozens of places
selling the replacement batteries via mail order.

Try to check the UPS before buying a replacement battery.
Once in a while, they will lose the switching transistors
and a replacement battery won't do you any good.  Check
the battery with five amps of 13.5 volt ... if it shows
good voltage and life, the UPS is bad.  Most of the batteries
in the smaller (200 to 400 VA) UPS are rated for 5 to 7
Amp-hours (enough to provide five to 10 minutes operating
time at rated output).

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK