[CQ-Contest] OO reports

Subject: [CQ-Contest] OO reports
From: jmaass@columbus.rr.com (Jeff Maass)
Date: Wed Mar 13 08:22:05 2002

In ancient times, when I was an OO, ARRL held monthly Frequency
Measurement Tests, where W1AW would come on at a specific time
near a specified frequency, and stations would measure the exact
frequency and submit the measuremetns to HQ.

To become an Official Observer back then, you needed to show the
ability to measure that frequency accurately within a set of limits.

Current requirements are outlines on the ARRL web site at:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/org/oo.html. The frequency monitoring
tests are gone, but accurate receiving equipment is essential!

The FCC has made it clear that OOs are to be taken seriously. See
the item at: http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/1999/04/08/3/

73,
 Jeff Maass       jmaass@columbus.rr.com     Located near Columbus Ohio
         USPSA # L-1192       NROI/CRO    Amateur Radio K8ND
    Maass' IPSC Resources Page:  http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass
Circleville USPSA/IPSC: http://home.columbus.rr.com/jmaass/pcsiipsc.htm