[CQ-Contest] K5NZ ARRL SSB

Subject: [CQ-Contest] K5NZ ARRL SSB
From: bbradford2@houston.rr.com (Bill Bradford)
Date: Wed Mar 13 19:06:26 2002
What a great weekend from the "little station that could", you know, the =
station that "no one" thought about or considered in the scheme of =
things.

It just shows you, under the right set of circumstances, anyone or any =
station can do superb things. It doesn't necessarily require tall =
towers, stacked monobanders, multiple radios, and maximum brute-force =
power.

What it does require is hard, intelligent, and old-fashioned work thrown =
in with the luxuries of packet spots and the like. I learned how to =
operate without this "crutch" and have tried to instill those values to =
Mike and whomever else that operates at K5NZ. We tuned the bands =
endlessly the entire weekend, and I think the multiplier total we =
amassed from W5 proves that this old fashioned hard work method of =
operating pays off.

We moved everything possible, we operated without regard for being =
tired, and we encouraged each other throughout the weekend to keep =
pushing.

Above all, I'm extremely happy and proud to hand over the 5th District =
record to Mike. Here's a guy who has done all the work himself, =
maintains the station himself, and unselfishly offers the station to =
others to enjoy their hobby.

Mike, thanks for letting me be a part of this operation. This contest =
will live in my memory forever, and there aren't that many that fall =
into this category. I can think of only 2, now there are 3.

Thanks to everyone for all the Qs and the great time.

73,

Bill   K5GA

multipart/alternative
  text/html