[CQ-Contest] Contest Spots

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Spots
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Fri Mar 15 14:36:53 2002
> I personally would REALLY support the idea to shut down all the DX
> clusters
> during major contests.
>
> Maybe we should give it a try (let say - at WRTC -2002) ? :-))
>
> 73  VA3UZ

Not a chance of that happening.  Just think, the original purpose of dx
clusters was for contest spotting!  I had to work hard to convince the
first few sysops to keep them on the air between contests so the
frequencies(they were all rf connected at that time of course) were kept
occupied and users could learn how to use them before contests... after
that features like qsl databases, mail, and other nice dx'ing features
were adopted by the weekday non-contest users.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net