[CQ-Contest] KT6RU, and odd callsigns VK8AA and 80/75m

Subject: [CQ-Contest] KT6RU, and odd callsigns VK8AA and 80/75m
From: david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com (david.e.burger@au.pwcglobal.com)
Date: Wed Apr 3 13:04:43 2002
Dan, you were loud on 40m - but it looked like I worked a few stateside 40m
QRP'ers there as well !

Regarding oddball callsigns (like VK8AA), the real money is on a 6 pointer
and a new mult in one hit, but I cannot access spotting systems where I
operate, so its very much like Rich's comments - just work them and the
mults follow.  This was my first serious attempt on 160/80 and 40m...
2003 antenna sketch's are already complete !!

I don't frequent 80/75 outside contests, but as our little 5Khz VK/NA SSB
window was 'busy', getting people to listen down to 3699 for me was a
challenge. Is there a split contest protocol on 80/75 in place like 40m ?
I worked about 10% of what I heard on 80/75, even though US sigs were
10over or more.  My wideband 80m antenna was 40m off the ground and 30m
from the beach and seemed to work OK.

David VK8AA
computer.