[CQ-Contest] WPX M/S Rules Question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX M/S Rules Question
From: k7zo@cableone.net (K7ZO Scott Tuthill)
Date: Sun Apr 7 11:04:32 2002
To all: I have a question on the WPX M/S rules. I was at NK7U last weekend
and we were going to operate M/S but then realized that we either did not
understand the M/S rules and/or Writelog could not manage it. Overall the
M/S rules are very familiar as they match CQWW. The question is with respect
to serial numbers. The rules state: " One -- and only one -- other band may
be used during any 10-minute period if -- and only if -- the station worked
is a new multiplier. Use a separate serial numbers for the multiplier
station...."

Does this mean you would have, potentially, two separate serial number
sequences on a given band? For example, NK7U starts the contest and is
running on 10M. I find a new mult on 15M and work it giving it serial number
1. I then go on to find several other mults giving them serial number 2, 3,
4, and 5. Then later when 10M dies and NK7U moves to 15M and starts running
what serial number does he start with. Does he start with 1 since that would
be a separate serial number sequence for running. Or does he use 6 since
that would be the next serial number in the 15M band sequence?

We could not figure it out so we ended up running a 2 person M/M instead.
Then the flares pretty well wiped things out anyway....

Thanks for your help.

Scott/K7ZO