[CQ-Contest] FD logging program

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FD logging program
From: jljarvis@adelphia.net (jljarvis)
Date: Sun Apr 21 14:05:31 2002
W1MOO, 5A VT,  will change from TR to Writelog this year.
6 node ethernet network....5 stations and a site-executive laptop.

Last year, TR's quirky use of memory cost us 50Q's and two key
hours of downtime on one cw station, when the bands were hot.

Ethernet vs. rs232c should improve rfi issues across the site.

Ease of setup of networked operation in Writelog will save us
setup and debug time.

And we've got a TR expert in our midst; although he gets to
sleep and go to church!  So we're switching programs despite
his feelings for TR.

Last year's disaster happened during the sleep/church period,
of course.  Thank you, Father Murphy! :)

Jim/N2EA

Message: 4