[CQ-Contest] FD logging program

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FD logging program
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Mon Apr 22 13:21:50 2002
My one, weekend-long, experience with Writelog (we had
another nickname for it) was in a fully networked,
6-station, multi-multi environment and was less than
thrilling.  Most PCs locked up at various times, and,
after rebooting, were, as often as not, invisible to
the network no matter what we tried.  After a half-
hour or an hour (or two), poof!, they would simply
reappear on the network.  Magic!  There were many
things about Writelog that I liked.  Its networking
reliability was not one of them.

Anyway, another "good" reason for networking at field
day is the gee-whiz attraction of which most hams are
guilty.  That is, assuming one can get it going and
keep it going...

73 Mike N2MG

On Mon, 22 April 2002, "Ron D. Rossi" wrote

> > Ease of setup of networked operation in Writelog
will save us
> > setup and debug time.
>
> To be fair it "might" save us time. We don't know
that yet, since it is the
> first year. Last year it was <1 hour including
running cables from no
> computers to having all five booted and talking to
each other (up to 200'

http://www.peoplepc.com