[CQ-Contest] FD Software and Networking?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FD Software and Networking?
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Mon Apr 22 16:45:13 2002
> > we do configure all our individual computers with a
> > bat file so if we get a pwr surge, lightning shut
> > downs, etc.  the Op can just type the name of
> > the .bat file and he is back on the air.
>
> I do this for ALL contests.  I have contest-specific
> batch files (with useful names, like CQWWCW01.bat)
> that are usually based on last year's setup.  These
> load the TSRs, have the right command-line stuff,
> whatever... but, perhaps more importantly, I have
> another one called GO.BAT that calls the contest-
> specific one.  All I ever need to do in the event of a
> crash is type "GO".

ok, now take that one more step... at the end of the autoexec.bat add
two lines:

pause
go

and when you reboot the op gets the prompt 'press any key...' and when
he does the log starts automatically.  You use ctrl-break to bypass it
when needed.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net