[CQ-Contest] Re: Consider this

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Consider this
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Fri Apr 26 05:14:20 2002
On Thu, 25 April 2002, "Richard Zalewski" wrote

> Those that think there is no advantage to running
> SO2R then why do they do it?

Who ever said this?

> Most who do it are really first class contest
> operators anyway. They  do it to increase their
> score.  They do it to advance techniques.  Then why
> was the technique of using packet radio swiftly put
> in to a separate class?

Why does the analogy of packet use and SO2R keep coming
up?  I see absolutely no connection (other than the
attempts by those who don't use them to want to
separate themselves from those that do).

The primary (potential) advantage of packet comes from
other operators' efforts.  Use of packet, in the past,
forced single operators (who didn't want to cheat) to
claim Multi-Multi.  Creating a category for assisted
operation allowed single operators to not have to claim
multi-operator.  The key word is OPERATOR.

http://www.peoplepc.com