[CQ-Contest] contest spots/this weekends antenna work

Subject: [CQ-Contest] contest spots/this weekends antenna work
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Fri Apr 12 12:19:59 2002
Like K5KG I find myself using packet during several contests and whenever I
tune past a station as he signs I type in his callsign...if it is a dupe
rather than just F11 I hit Alt-F3 (think that is it) to spot that station to
the cluster...mebbe the next guy will not stop there as it pops up on his
band map!  I know I will spot the same guy many times during a contest...but
I do not keep mental note of this - that is what the machines are for.

This is not a slam on your observations...I find them interesting and the
thought of self spotting makes me sick...kind of like the unqiue principal
though - it should only be used as a POSSIBLE indicator of foul play... if a
guy gets spotted a lot more power to him as long as he ain't doin' it...he
is a "beacon" which ultimately your winners should be - never knew anyone
who S&P'd their way to #1!

In case you were getting ready to tune up for the next major contest - it is
the Florida QSO Party on April 27 & 28 - tweak your antennas for max gain
into Florida - we will be waiting for you!  Follow the mobile teams as they
amass QSOs criss-crossing Florida.

15 days until FQP 2K2 - Florida fixed stations and mobiles please check into
the website and notify NS4W of your plans to activate which county(ies).

Check out the website at:

http://www.qsl.net/fqp/

Most of the counties have turned from Green to Orange - looks like more
clean sweeps will be available this year!  Handsome certificates and plaques
are awarded each year - check out last years results and the rules and
records for the FQP at the above site - DEFINITELY READ THE EXCELLENT
WRITEUP BY K1TO, contest log crunching don't get any better!

FQP 2K2 - thanks to YOU we're running 'em!

73,

Jim, K4OJ
Florida Contest Group - sponsors of the Florida QSO Party