[CQ-Contest] Internet free computer time syncronization???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Internet free computer time syncronization???
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Tue Jun 25 19:50:02 2002
A conventional GPS that has a standard serial connection can furnish
accurate time synch to the PC. Not sure what software is required, but I
believe UI-View has it built-in. Maybe other products as well.

I was considering adding a cheap GPS to this computer for time synch, but
then was able to hook it to my home network instead, so now it gets its
time synch from the internet via freeware NetLab 1.4 instead. Back when I
shopped, I found GPS refurbs as low as $50 (TripMate brand).

The very early computer clocks could be adjusted for drift. Don't know if
any motherboards still offer that - maybe you could hack an outboard
circuit to do it for your motherboard, then have the opsys reset the
software clock from that periodically??

Jerry W4UK