[CQ-Contest] "please copy"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "please copy"
From: n6tj@sbcglobal.net (James Neiger)
Date: Tue Jun 25 19:03:34 2002
Once again, I find myself essentially in-tune with what Bob, and some
others, have written.

Instead of ridiculing our FD brethren, they need to be encouraged, and shown
HOW to do it.  We all had to start some-time, some-how,  and I wonder how
many of us would like to hear recordings of our first ever QSO's, contest or
not..............?

Sadly, in the collective, we have managed to leave a pathetic legacy of HOW
NOT TO OPERATE for all the world to hear, and emulate.

WHERE do these gentlemen learn the "please copy"?  NETS and LISTS, of
course.  Wonderful examples of how not to operate......

WHERE do these gentlemen learn that you don't even have to know the other
station's call, before calling?  PACKET, of course.
Perhaps the ULTIMATE example of non-operating.

We have met the enemy, and it is us.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger
N6TJ