[CQ-Contest] "please copy"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "please copy"
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri Jun 28 06:03:49 2002
k5zm wrote:

> Or how 'bout this:
>
> >From our s & p journeys...
>
> "CQ Field Day, W7ABC..."
> "K7AW.."
> "K7AW, go ahead.." (??!!)
>
> I know, I know: It's not a contest. But it *is* where a good >deal of our
> next contesters will come from, no?

Geez, if that's the only mistake I'da made when I started, I
think I'da been doing pretty well! It was probably the first time
a lot of these guys got on HF and they were pretty nervous.
Especially if people were telling them how dumb they were. I
think we should encourage newbies instead of make fun of them.  I
got off the VE team here in Coos Bay because nobody wants to
learn the code to upgrade anymore.  All they want to do is get a
no-code and quit.  I can't remember the last time I gave a code
test.  Probably when they dumbed the Extra to 5WPM.
Tom W7WHY