[CQ-Contest] Re: (CQ-Contest) "It's not a contest."

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: (CQ-Contest) "It's not a contest."
From: wd4ahz@gte.net (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Fri Jun 28 09:25:07 2002
Paul Playford wrote:

> I received an email from a brand spanking new - one week old licensed
> - ham:

<snip>

> This is what it's all about!

EXACTLY!

Here's what our FD gang received from a new contest recruit ...

The opportunity to work next to some of the best operators in our hobby,
and have them take the time to "coach" newcomers as well, was awesome
and always peaks my interest in ham radio. To all of you who put up with
my numerous questions, I am grateful. Having access to all the combined
skill and experience brought to the event by so many, do you blame me??

 So not only do we walk away from field day with a great time, but with
better operating skills, old and new friendships. Too bad it's only once
a year!! hi.

What a setup, great conversation and regardless of where you come from a
common love of the hobby. Thanks for allowing us to share in it all.

Will probably be hearing him joining us in contests in the near future.

73, Ron