[CQ-Contest] Computer time syncronization without usingthe internet???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer time syncronization without usingthe internet???
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed Jun 26 23:54:25 2002
VA7NT needs to accurately set a computer's clock without resorting to
the Internet.

At VR2BG, the radio computer is a dedicated DOS machine, with no
connection to the outside world other than a floppy drive & serial port
connection to another machine with a 10+ year old copy of LapLink.

An equally retro approach to setting the radio computer's clock is used -
a wristwatch.  I set the watch at work from time to time & know it's well
within a second for the next week or so.  When I forget to do so before
the weekend, there is always JJY, BPM & (if the band is open)
WWV/WWVH to fall back on.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham