[CQ-Contest] July QST and CQ cover arrive

Subject: [CQ-Contest] July QST and CQ cover arrive
From: K4tmc@aol.com (K4tmc@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 23:03:13 2002
Having been out of town on a business trip for over a week, the PO box was
stuffed with goodies - QST, CQ, fishing magazines, etc.  The latest issue of
QST was in pristine condition while all I found of CQ was the cover pages
with several rips and tears.  Those staples through the thin cover material
just does not stand up to the rigors of today's Postal Service employee
handling.  Please bring back the days of plastic bags or brown paper
wrappers!  Although I get my share of ripped and torn magazine covers, this
is the first time I can remember not getting the whole magazine in some form.

So, for CQ, all I can tell you is what is on the front cover:

Photo of W7HUY on his tower with an inset close-up of him strapped-on and
waving.

Caption is: "Antenna Special!"

In This Issue - Cautions on Side Arms & Mobile Mounts; Results, 2001 CQ/RJ WW
RTTY WPX Contest

CQ Reviews - Icom IC-756 Pro II Transceiver; KMA-1330 HF Log Periodic
Antenna; High Sierra HS-1500 Mobile Antenna

Now, on to QST...

Front cover photo of KL7JGS and KD7GUZ doing some maintenance on a VHF
vertical array with Montana mountains in the background.

Contest related items:
Lightning Protection for the Amateur Radio Station, Part 2
Hints & Kinks - Improve Audio, At The Other End! (receiver)
Results - 2001 ARRL November Phone Sweepstakes
Rules - 2002 ARRL August UHF, and 10 GHz and Up Cumulative Contests

Other interesting items:
It Seems To Us... - (editorial) Progress on 40 Meters
DC Currents - Landmark Bill Could Provide Relief to Amateurs from Restrictive
Covenants
A Simple and Portable HF Vertical Travel Antenna
K8SYL's 75 and 10-Meter Dipole
The N4GG Array (variations on the Bobtail Curtain and multi-element dipoles)
The K4VX Linear-Loaded Dipole for 7 MHz
Amateur Radio Hits the Big Screen (an IMAX film)
Product Review - ICOM IC-V8000 VHF FM Transceiver; and QST Compares HF/VHF
Wattmeters
Happenings - Amateur Radio Poised to Gain Two New Bands (136 kHz & 5.25 MHz)
Notable Silent Keys - W1HQ and W0DX/VP2VI
How's DX? - A Micronesian Adventure, the story of T88ZZ/V63RF
YL News - YLs in YK
QRP Power - Any Day You're Vertical is a Good Day!
Exam Info - New Extra Class Question Pool Effective July 1
Microwavelengths - Microwave Antennas
Old Radio - Harvey-Wells Bandmaster
Results - 2001 Simulated Emergency Test

Fluidmotion Antenna Systems/SteppIR has full-page ad for their "Ultimate
Yagis".
Force 12 has 2-page full-color ad for their new products.
Full-page ad for the new MFJ-890 DX Beacon Monitor

73 & High Rates,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC