[CQ-Contest] Left Coast Logs of the Future?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Left Coast Logs of the Future?
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Wed Jul 31 23:40:23 2002
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Bill Turner wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:51:50 -0500 (CDT), Zack Widup wrote:
>
> >That's really too bad. You'd think they'd get real.  I have never in 35
> >years heard anyone use a Z-signal in ham radio.
> >
> >Sort of like asking me as a photographer how to shoot Autochrome or make a
> >Bromoil.  Chances are mighty slim that either will happen!

> Being a third world country, there are no doubt some agendas at
> work we have little knowledge of.  Having LOTS of hams with HF
> privileges is clearly not one of their priorities.
>
> Bill, W7TI

I guess that could be true.  If you really want to prevent someone from
doing something while still giving the apparency that you want them to do
it, you can come up with all sorts of methods.

It is a shame, though.  There are obviously many people over there who are
interested in ham radio.

Is Sudan in a similar situation?  I know of big-time contest operations
taking place from many African countries now and then, but Sudan isn't one
of them.

Zack W9SZ