[CQ-Contest] Ideas for WRTC 2004

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ideas for WRTC 2004
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (KL7RA)
Date: Thu Jul 18 01:29:24 2002
>Considering that the OJs ran 100W to a rather low tribander, I have to
>believe that it was difficult for a "SSB" team to compete. ///snip

>-Mike N2MG

You're probably right Mike, but during the last few hours of the test
their SSB rates were around five a minute, 300 hour, or more and
I was having some difficulty cracking their ssb piles. The usual
thinking is to double the points for CW and the Finns decided not
to do this.

My thinking is a super ssb op would have some advantage over the
CW op simply because he could go faster, there are more ssb stations
on and more mults. When the rate falls due 100 watts/ low antenna,  you
change bands.

The real answer is probably something like it doesn't matter because
no one would send a ssb only team anyway and the strategy at this
level of competition is simply run best rate for score. Having to balance
between CW and SSB is a nuisance and not necessary,

Rich KL7RA