[CQ-Contest] Board votes - get the facts right

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Board votes - get the facts right
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Tue Jul 23 15:46:21 2002
>There were two differnet votes.  One was about the section news
>(which was a roll call vote).  For the contest line scores, I
>quote the earlier post:
>
>>In a separate resolution approved by voice vote, the Board agreed that the
>>ARRL Web site now provides a better medium to report the results of
>>ARRL-sponsored contests, and line scores no longer will appear in QST. The
>>change does not affect ARRL Field Day results, which will continue to be
>>published in the magazine.
>
>Therefore it would seem the current analysis of who did and who didn't vote
>for the contest removal is rather pointless.  You are talking about who
>voted for the Section News issue.
>
> Tree N6TR

Interesting point ... which raises the question of WHY did they address
the Section News issue in a different manner than the Contest issue?

Other than political "protection" ... as they knew exactly what would
happen if the exact votes were known to the contesting membership?

Here we have our "elected leaders" hiding behind a voice vote so we
can't be for certain who did or did not oppose this. How wonderful ...

I thought "they" were doing this to reduce costs and page counts ... I
saw no mention of that in the official ARRL release. So where's the
$$$$ savings that 6 months ago was driving this 'must happen' issue?

And what's next to be removed?

A sad day for the hobby, the ARRL and for contesting especially ... it
will interesting to see what "they" do next.

73 Billy AA4NU ... one of those disappointed minority contestor types ...