[CQ-Contest] Follow The Money

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Follow The Money
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Tue Jul 23 16:11:31 2002
>Is Kid Q. Public more likely to find a QST at a local newstand - or stumble
>upon the ARRL Web Page on the net?

So why not have the option of BOTH?

You want to eliminate something that does not fit your agenda, then don't
support it, or LIMIT the public support of it ... and hope it will just go
away.

You want to grow a market, find new participants, then you EXPAND
your influence. You do not overlook any potential points of contact. You
constantly look for new opportunities to advance your cause ...

So which of the above describes the ARRL strategy for ... contesting?

We saw the handwriting on the wall 6 months ago, and we realized that
there was nothing that could be done to change it. The fuss then was
that "they" were going to do it without membership comment. And what
difference did all of our posts make? Nothing. Now it is a done deal ...

The potential of the website format is unknown, and what if another
"voice vote" is taken that says due to cost considerations it goes away?

What is certain is the loss of a known point of contact and positive
encouragement within the printed material to give new exposure of
contesting to future participants.

73 Billy AA4NU