[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest digest, Vol 1 #285 - 14 msgs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest digest, Vol 1 #285 - 14 msgs
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Fri Jul 26 12:27:38 2002
Dennis,

My understanding (and I could be wrong) from people I've talked to both at
the League and/or involved in Logbook of the World is that contest logs will
not automatically be sent over to the LotW system.  There are a lot of good
reasons for this, but the chief one is that you have to (or will have to)
have a registered digital signature in order to upload logs to LotW for
security reasons.  I'm sure many will argue that this is an unnecessary step
or overbearing secruity requirements, but that's the way it's going to be.

But if you think it through... OK, so you email your Cabrillo log in to the
contest desk.  What's one more email to the LotW system -- 15 seconds?  So
it really shouldn't be a problem as a practical matter.

73, ron wn3vaw

"What's wrong with being an angry prophet denouncing the hypocrisies of our
time?"  --  Howard Beale