[CQ-Contest] SSB Vs. CW QSO's in a Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SSB Vs. CW QSO's in a Contest
From: k8khz@comcast.net (Sean D. Fleming)
Date: Wed Jul 17 21:31:51 2002
I am not the greatest CW copier at all. I even have to use CWget to copy cy at
speeds sent by contesting stations. But I look at like the subbmision of CW op
K9LA with like 3,100 CW QSo's made in 24 Hours. Then I wonder well can you make
SSB contacts faster than CW contacts and what is it I am lacking to make more
SSB contacts. Is it Filters? Is it Large Antennas? Is it just the lack of
fastness of talking.  Put some input in. I need some elmering so that I can win
a contest at some time.
My Shack here is Wire and 100W with a TS-570D(G) But I have been to a station
with a 2el Quad and a 756 Pro. Results are still somewhat not the best yet.
Also Interested to know what do you use to send CW and copy it head or
computer. Tnx.
73's

Sean
K8KHZ