[CQ-Contest] RTTY Rates

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Rates
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue Aug 6 23:21:20 2002
AA4LR wrote:
>I've never seen it in actual use, but there is an application called
>RITTY, that apparently makes RTTY contesting very fast an effective.
>There's also a RTTY contest application that works in concert with it.
>
>I believe the future may have already arrived when you weren't
>watching....

        Prove it.  I'll wait to see meaningful results or data before
I take your word for it.  I've never seen any rates for RTTY that are
anywhere close to either CW or SSB rates.  It would be interesting to
know what K3MM or N4GN (previous record holder) had for peak rates
but I would doubt they could be much above 120/hour even under optimum
conditions and with plenty of stations calling.  Time for some facts
rather than more unsubstantiated opinions.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

World Records  QSO      Mode    Year
P40MM(K3MM)   2972      RTTY    2001 (claimed)
EA8BH(N5TJ)  10253      SSB     1999
EA8BH(N5TJ)   7616      CW      2000