[CQ-Contest] Re: ts-850

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: ts-850
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Fri Aug 30 11:18:22 2002
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Ken Adams wrote:

> At 10:46 PM 8/27/02 -0400, you wrote:
> >I went out and traded my TS-570 for a TS-850. I feel as though I have left
> the computer age for the stone age. So here are some questions.
> >

> First of all, you have acquired a great contest radio!

Many contesters and DXers have recommended the TS-850 to me as one of the
best deals in its price range, so I bought one a couple months ago. I've
been more than happy with it so far.  The receiver is outstanding.

To me, any radio that has no tubes in it is not "stone age".  :-)   I grew
up contesting with S-lines, Heathkits, Drake R4B/T4XB, etc.  With those,
even if you didn't get the "warm glow of victory", you at least had the
warm glow of the rigs!

73, Zack W9SZ