[CQ-Contest] Re: [MRRC] Kenwood TS-830S problem

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [MRRC] Kenwood TS-830S problem
From: jgetz@pgh.net (John's Travel and Cruises)
Date: Sat Sep 7 00:27:24 2002
Jeff,
I still use an TS-830S.  I don't think your problem
is the driver tube as that is just used for transmit.  You
might try removing the covers, divide the rig into
sections with some cardboard, and see if you can
determine where the problem is by heating with a
hair dryer.  If you can make the rig return to normal
quicker by heating a section you have narrowed the
search.  If I had to take a guess, I would suspect
something in the AGC circuit.

John Getz, AD8J
John's Travel and Cruises
3905 South Monet Court