[CQ-Contest] ARRL Discrimination

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Discrimination
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Thu Sep 26 16:29:27 2002
"Discriminating against..."
So we have a victim and an oppressor here, eh?

FWIW, non-members can earn and receive certificates (and DX can earn
certificates of participation) without cost or obligation.  I think
this is taking advantage of the paying members - so who's the victim,
then?

Radio Contesting in the US is controversial.  From what I've seen over
the years, this is often not the case overseas.  National organizations
in various countries have a much more enthusiastic (for contesting)
constituency.  I've seen the magazines - contesting is all over the
place!  The ARRL Contest branch, on the other hand, has a hard sell
spending more dollars on contesting than the contesting community
spends on the ARRL.

Mike N2MG

The following message was sent by Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> on Thu,
26 Sep 2002 09:11:28 -0600.