[CQ-Contest] Re: ARRL Discrimination

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: ARRL Discrimination
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Thu Sep 26 16:48:07 2002
Sylvan,

With all due respect, you're on the wrong page if you think that contest
sponsors do so to promote world amateur harmony. Maybe they should, but they
don't.

There are many reasons to sponsor a contest but at the core is a singular
purpose: to promote the organization.

I see nothing wrong with that. I see nothing wrong with having to buy CQ to
see the results of a CQ contest. I see nothing wrong with the ARRL offering
a sneak peak to those people who actually pay the bills. If taxation without
representation is wrong, isn't also representation without taxation an
affront to those who are taxed?

This isn't discrimination. To call it so is a grave insult to all the people
in the world who truly are victims of discrimination. Someone has to pay the
bills and I see nothing wrong with giving the people who do pay the bills
the right to a perk like early posting of contest results.

73, kelly
ve4xt