[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB CONTEST - OP NEEDED

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB CONTEST - OP NEEDED
From: hflasher@dayton.net (Harry or Marge Flasher)
Date: Wed Oct 2 01:32:01 2002
We have lost one of the ops planning to travel to Costa Rica for the
TI5N entry as a multi-multi station in the CQ WW SSB contest.  This was
due to business meetings scheduled for Sunday of the contest and Monday
that could nt be rescheduled.

We would like to replace this op.  Hopefully we can find someone with
some good contest experience and capable of running pile ups.
Consideration will be given to one with low experience but may have
mostly all assignments in slow periods.  An op could demonstrate ability
by ops before the contest.

Money matters - for a six night stay the cost is $500 which covers bed,
meals, some beverages, airport transfer and equipment use.  Plan approx.
$25 exit fee and  and funds for touring, gifts,  etc.  Group cost will
be in the $30 range.  The $500 is adjusted $75 for each day more or -$75
for a each day less.

The main body of ops will arrive on Wed. Oct. 23 and depart on Tue. Oct.
29.

Airfare - I only have information from Dayton and as of Sunday, a good
fare was in the $530 range.  Most major airlines have non stop flights
from some hubs.

The stations will include 756Pro's, 940's and a mix of several other
models.  As planned each band will have its own amp and most will have a
selection of antenna.  Logging will be with WriteLog.

For more information on the station and host, try:

http://www.qsl.net/ti5kd/contest.htm

For more info on Costa Rica just try a search with Costa Rica and you
should get a number of travel and related pages.

For anyone who would like to discuss this further, please call me at
937-434-9616.

73  Harry    AC8G  (ex W8KKF)  J37K and others over the years.