[CQ-Contest] Out of Band operating

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Out of Band operating
From: Nzharps@aol.com (Nzharps@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 08:26:00 2002
Hi Pete,

Interestingly PJ2 was a rare mult this past weekend.  We missed it on 5
bands, only working one on 10m.

Seems that ease of operation has translated into poor or sloppy  operating
technique.  After having operated in multi environments for many years and
having observed lots of poor operating practice related to packet, I guess I
just need to add this on to the list.

Maybe someone should write a book entitled "Packet assisted 101" to help both
neophytes and old vets do a better job using what should be a great tool.

73,
Ron, K8NZ

In a message dated 10/30/02 12:21:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> I'm skeptical that people would be that desperate for a PJ2.  I suspect
> that many of those who messed up probably were assisted stations that
> called you on a point-and-shoot basis.  The ease of operation of the
> current generation of logging software, which normally grabs both the
> receive and transmit frequencies, makes it really easy to screw up.  If a
> VE spots you, with no QSX data, that spot quickly propagates all over the
> US.  It's really easy to overlook in the heat of rapid S&P operation, and
> be into a QSO before you realize you're simplex somewhere out of the band

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---