[CQ-Contest] Out of Band operating

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Out of Band operating
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Thu Oct 31 10:36:02 2002
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Randy Thompson, K5ZD wrote:

> We aren't talking about people who call on the wrong VFO.  We are talking
> about guys who actually work people out of the band.  Big difference in my
> opinion.
>
> Randy, K5ZD

I think a little leniency should be granted when someone uses the wrong
VFO.  I've done it when operating the graveyard shifts in a contest and
with very little sleep in the early morning hours couldn't figure out why
the EU 40 meter SSB station on 7046 listening on 7222 wasn't answering me
when I called. He didn't respond till I switched to the correct VFO!  So
at least when I finally worked him, I was legal.

Zack W9SZ