[CQ-Contest] message date

Subject: [CQ-Contest] message date
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Fri Nov 1 14:15:27 2002
>>>"Mike Gilmer, N2MG" said:
> K3FT wrote:
> > I recall one of his articles where he provided a
> > great technical tip! His advice told us that we
> > can increase the strength of our RF output signal
> > levels  by using different diameters of coax.
> >
> > Start out with RG8. THen go to RG58, then RG141.
> > The electrons will be compressed as they move
> > from the larger diameter cable to the next
> > smaller diameter cable which will make them
> > increase velocity which will make them fly off
> > the antenna much much faster!
>
> Not only would you be LOUDER, but your signal would get
> there before anyone else's...a great recipe for breaking pileups!

It could get there TOO much faster. The acceleration would need to be modeled
and the distance to the receiving station taken into account. The taper of the
antenna element is something to pay attention to as well. Do you think we
should let the folks at JoGunn in on this phenomenon?

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
Support Programmer for TRLog http://www.qth.com/tr