[CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts
From: dennis.mcalpine@verizon.net (Dennis McAlpine)
Date: Wed Nov 6 17:11:15 2002
John, K4BAI, makes a very good point and one that I had not thought of, e.g.
the computer sends one higher number than it should be.  There is also the
other side of that problem.  In most programs if there is no info in the
"Call" column, it sends the previous QSO number or one less than it should
be.  This can happen if you miss the call and are waiting for it to be sent
again or even if you have just fallen behind becuz you can't type at 200
QSOs per hour.  If you are receiving this info and have not been listening
to the station sending for a while, you would never know that the number
sent was in error.  And, in many cases, the sending operator is totally
unaware that the computer just sent a wrong number because he's busy trying
to type in the missing call.  I think the checking computer is totally right
to allow a QSO number plus or minus one without penality.

73,
Dennis K2SX