[CQ-Contest] MS DOS and Flea Market tips wanted

Subject: [CQ-Contest] MS DOS and Flea Market tips wanted
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Tue Nov 26 18:23:25 2002
Jim,

I would suggest that you don't need 4 com ports any longer and should
consider using Ethernet instead for your CT network.  Granted, it is a bit
more trouble to set up, but once it's working, you're done.

The Ethernet card uses one interrupt, so that leaves plenty for other
activities.

So, those computers with two ports are able to handle your rig interfacing
and also connecting a TNC or some other serial device.

To run Ethernet with CT's DOS version, you need K1TTT's NETTSR program which
you can download from his website.

If you can run Windows, you can use CTWin which has built-in network
capability.  I understand several multi-ops have recently changed to using
CTWin very successfully.

73,
N5NJ