[CQ-Contest] Re: Short contest calls.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Short contest calls.
From: rhodes@evertek.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Sun Dec 1 08:35:28 2002
There is currently no legal requirement that a US operator identify as a
"portable" in any way when operating away from his home area, that they
change their call when they move to another callsign area or that they
actually reside in a callsign area when applying for a vanity call
(exception here: a K6  or K2 cannot apply for a "special callsign
area  call" outside their area. For example if your example was the other
way around a K6 cannot apply for a KH6 call while living in K6 land) For
some contests this would be required for the contest, but not a legal
requirement.