[CQ-Contest] Non-Iambic keyers???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Non-Iambic keyers???
From: k2kir@telenet.net (Bud Hippisley, K2KIR)
Date: Sun Dec 1 18:40:55 2002
Does anyone know of any currently available electronic keyers that allow the
operator to choose something other than an iambic algorithm?

In particular, I'm interested in keyers that, when used with double paddles,
might implement either "dash override" (as did the old (K2)POO Keyer) or "last
paddle closed", as in the venerable Ultimatic.

I know I'm not the only one who finds iambic a very unfriendly algorithm for
double paddles, but I'm surprised at the lack of chatter about alternatives.

Bud, K2KIR