[CQ-Contest] Clicks - last one I promise.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clicks - last one I promise.
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Wed Dec 18 13:07:58 2002
Can't help but think a scope on the amp output would tell you for sure if
you had clicks.

This is not meant to be a lofty statement or sound holier-than-thou or
anything, but at N5OT we always have a scope on the output, and:

1. we think we know what a good signal looks like
2. we always try to keep our signal looking good

I also may not know what I'm talking about and I would not know if it was
possible for a signal to look good on the scope and sound crappy.  Anyone?

Still, wouldn't a scope on the output of the radio in question tell you once
and for all if your waveform was good or bad?  From what I remember, you can
see clicks on the scope in the form of a suboptimal waveform characterized
by a sharp cutoff at the end of the "make."

Appliance operators rule.

Mark, N5OT

BTW this scope was $50 at the swapmeet and is a Central Electronics Signal
Analyzer from the 60s.  Also have a couple old heathkits and an old Yaesu.