[CQ-Contest] QSO Party participation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party participation
From: sean@k8khz.com (Sean Fleming)
Date: Fri Jan 3 14:34:37 2003
Hi there I am Sean Lfeming if you don't know who I am. I am a memeber of a few
ham radio clubs like most hams. I belong to contest club, regular radio club,
DX club, etc. I myself like getting on the air and making contacts. Some of us
also like chasing one thing or another wether it be countries for DXCC or IOTAs
or even US Counties. So I am here to pose this question to the contesting
community to get a sense of feeling as a newbie to contesting. I notice that
most every state has thier own QSO party sposored by some club within the
state. why is it not a good idea not to have an additional QSO party within the
same state at a different part of the year? There are two NCJ QSO Parties.
There is also Two Major DX Contests the ARRL and the CQ DX contest. Wish there
were more personally. But point I make is can there be enough? if you listen on
7.230ish and on other nets people give US states and counties away daily as
people mobile across our great land. So, I wonder why is it that we have
problems with giving out these counties that so many people even dxers are
looking to chase more than once a year. My question to you is would you be a
participant to two state qso parties a year or not?

I hope that my post is not taken by anyperson in a wrong way but I see there
has be a disturbance in our community that has pushed out some intuitive people
from enjoying thier hobby as we are already, I am just a observant person and
looking for a solution and understanding.

Sean-K8KHZ

 Visit my Web Home @ http://www.k8khz.com

Send me an Instant message

 get Yahoo Messenger at http://www.messenger.com.