[CQ-Contest] NAQP name handicap experiment

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP name handicap experiment
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Wed Jan 15 16:36:37 2003
All names are definitely not created equal.  I used to really hate the
"weird name thing," as K4OJ can tell you, but then I got a life and got over
it.  Since then I have even been known to use an odd name from time to time.

Experiment?  I tried to use "OT" recently thinking the shortness and lack of
dits was a good idea.  Instead I wasted a lot of time resending my "name."
That really backfired.  MARK is not hard and it is pretty much in the
databases now.  I think in 900 QSOs I was asked maybe 4 times this past
weekend.

Nevertheless, I feel for the GERALDs and the like who only get on
occasionally.  They should definitely consider changing to ED or BOB!

Mark, N5OT