[CQ-Contest] Old topic - New Wrinkle

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Old topic - New Wrinkle
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Thu Jan 23 11:12:28 2003
K8CC said:

>Fat chance getting the contesting community
>to get behind this concept...

Yeah, well, at least this issue has a forum where everyone agrees it is
pertinent.  At the WARC this issue is well understood and well regulated
(from what I understand).  In "every-day contesting" we don't even agree it
is pertinent.

I for one am glad to see on-site contesting take such strides in the last
decade.  It is really cool.  Hats off to the Fins again for raising the bar,
and encouragement to the Brazilians et al to keep the flame lit.

Mark, N5OT