[CQ-Contest] SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R
From: ua9cdc@r66.ru (Igor Sokolov)
Date: Sat Jan 25 07:59:04 2003
> SO Assisted -- ie Packet use -- is a good example of fairly recent
advances
> in technology that evolved into a separate category, and it makes sense as
> such.

> Now maybe I'm wrong, but I have yet to see a body of concrete evidence
that
> SO2R gives an overwhelming edge over SO1R.  I'm not saying it is or isn't
> so -- I'm saying, let's see the data first and then draw a conclusion.

Just for the sake of argument... where is the body of concrete evidence that
packet assisted gives the overwhelming edge? If you compare the top results
of assisted and non assisted you may draw the conclusion that assisted in
fact gives disadvantage...

Sure second radio gives one advantage especially at slow rates. Is it
overwhelming?
I do not know.. depends on what you consider overwhelming. Is 10% of total
qso overwhelming?

73, Igor UA9CDC