[CQ-Contest] SIGNING PORTABLE IN ARRL DX CONTEST

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SIGNING PORTABLE IN ARRL DX CONTEST
From: aa0cy@quadnet.net (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Sun Feb 9 21:27:11 2003
I have a zero-land call, but currently reside in 3-land.
Although not required by the rules to sign portable, I
wonder if there are advantages to signing portable anyway.
For one thing, especially in the CW test, there would not be
any hesitation on the DX side when I send PA since I sent my
call as AA0CY/3.  I've also noticed that the "/3" on CW or
"portable 3" on phone oftentimes show up in the clear during
the pileups.  OTOH, it is more time consuming and would be
required for every QSO.  BTW, I do about 99% S&P.  (The
other 1% is getting few, if any, responses to my CQs.)

I'd appreciate other operators' thoughts on this matter.

Thanks & 73,
Bob AA0CY